Bali, Indonesia – The 13th annual Balinale announced the winning films to its international and local audience.
Taking the prize for Best Feature was SAENG-Il (Birthday) by Jong-un Lee – Republic of Korea
Best Documentary went to BRUCE LEE AND THE OUTLAW by Joost Vanderbrug - Netherlands
The Best Short was awarded to THE WIND PHONE by Kristen Gerweck – USA with a special mention being given to TUNGRUS by Rishi Chandna – India
The Gary L. Hayes Award for Emerging Indonesian Filmmaker was presented to Rama Bayu Aji for SARVANI BHUTANI (All Living Beings)
The jury was comprised of established filmmakers and Balinese cultural luminaries.
- Maryanne Redpath, curator of the Generation Section, Berlin International Film Festival
- Cornelio Sunny, prolific film producer and Indonesian actor.
- Fátima Lianes, producer of Emmy award winning The Young Pope.
- Paul Agusta, award winning Indonesian director & actor.
- Popo Danes, renowned Balinese architect.
- David Metcalf, documentary producer and founder International Indigenous Film Festival Bali
- Lawrence Blair, author and Emmy award winning filmmaker.
The Balinale continues for three more days with general screenings and community programming held at Cinemaxx Theaters Bali. For further details visit www.Balinale.com
Media: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Balinale at +62 (0)361 270 908 and +62 (0)361 282 019
Recent Press Release
At Bali International Film Festival (Balinale), we strongly favor theatrical screening from a technical projection perspective, as well as a shared experience perspective. There is nothing compared to seeing the … Read More
Bali, INDONESIA – The 14th edition of Bali International Film Festival [Balinale] is pleased to announce the creation of the annual AICEF Prize for Cross Cultural Filmmaking presented to a … Read More